Cleansing Conditioner 101: What A Cleansing Conditioner Is and How To Use Them
What is a Cleansing Conditioner?
Cleansing Conditioners are often referred to as Co-washing or conditioner-only washing. And, we here at Love Beauty and Planet rave about this no-shampoo method. Our special Love Beauty and Planet Cleansing Conditioner formula cleanses, balances and refreshes your hair without stripping your hair—leaving it natural with oils. If your Cleansing Conditioner has too much oil it will leave your hair looking greasy and a hot mess. But, without these natural emollients your hair will be dry and brittle. Our Special Cleansing Conditioner is free from no nos and will leave your hair without any impurities and can be applied to fine, medium, coarse, or curly hair.
Benefits of a Cleansing Conditioner
1. Free From Nasties
They are typically gentle and free of harsh chemicals. That means no parabens, no silicones, and no nasties!
2. Sulfate-free Cleansing Conditioner
They are typically Sulfate-free and usually do not take a long time to lather.
3. Soft and Clean
Our special conditioning cleansers leave hair soft, subtle, and squeaky clean.
4. Time & Money Saver
They are are great if you want to save time and money—especially since you can use them once and then go a day or two without shampooing unlike more traditional shampoos that need to be used every day.
5. Suitable for all Hair Types
Co-washing is perfect for all hair types. This means you can use if you have damaged hair or fine hair or color treated hair—conditioning cleansers can work with your hair. They gently cleanse better than traditional shampoos and leave hair and scalp clean and moisturized.
6. Post Styling Hero
Better for post styling. Because conditioner is already included in the formulas styling post application is typically easier.
7. Major Health Wins
Co-wash also comes with major health benefits. They typically have more natural oils and leave the scalp in better shape than traditional shampoos.
How to Use A Cleansing Conditioner & Become a Conditioner Washing Pro
1. Start with wet hair. Rinse your hair thoroughly before you begin. Also remember to keep the water cool which will help prevent damage and keep out any unwanted dirt.
2. Apply Love Beauty and Planet Cleansing Conditioner and work it into your scalp and the lengths of your hair. Apply very little pressure. Then leave in for about two minutes and rinse thoroughly.
3. When you are working the co-wash into your hair be careful not to be too rough. It should be applied as a gentle massage into your scalp and should not be as you would lather a regular shampoo or conditioner.