How to use a shampoo bar
Have you heard of all the hype about shampoo bars, but you’re not sure what to make of it? Most of us are so used to liquid shampoo, that the idea of anything different seems very strange. However, more and more people these days are taking the plunge and using this new form of hair cleanser. In this article, we’ll answer questions like what is a shampoo bar, how to wash hair with a shampoo bar, and importantly, why you might want to try it yourself.
What is a shampoo bar?
Shampoo bars do the same thing as normal shampoos, but they come as a solid rather than a liquid. They tend to look like old fashioned soap bars, but rather than rinsing your hands, they get your hair looking fresh and clean.
What are the key shampoo bar benefits?
There are lots of different shampoo bar benefits. Here are some of the reasons we love a bit of solid shampoo:
- They’re better for the environment, using less packaging than traditional shampoos. So, why not try one of our eco-friendly shampoo bars?
- Shampoo bars often last longer than liquid shampoo. You only need a little to create great results.
- They are often sulfate-free. Not sure why this is important? Read our handy guide to sulfate-free shampoo.
- There are loads of different shampoo bars available for different types of hair, so you’ll be able to find the right one for you. If you have color-treated hair our Murumuru Butter & Rose Shampoo Bar may be the one for you. And if you’re looking for moisture and volume, check our 2in1 Coconut Water & Mimosa Flower Shampoo and Conditioner Bar.
Convinced? Read on to learn how to use solid shampoo.
How to use a shampoo bar?
When you first get one, it can be tricky to know how to use solid shampoo, but once you’ve done it a few times, it’s pretty straight forward. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to wash hair with a shampoo bar:
- Wet your hair, whether in the shower or bath. Be sure to get it really wet otherwise it’s difficult to get a good lather.
- Wet the shampoo bar with a little water and rub it in your hands to start creating some suds.
- Apply the shampoo bar directly onto your hair and massage gently across all parts of your scalp. Check you’re getting to every area including above the ears and underneath long hair, at the back of your neck.
- Place the shampoo bar back on your shower ledge and with your hands, gently work the shampoo right into your hair. Avoid rubbing too vigorously as this can cause tangles later, but make sure the shampoo is worked in well.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water, ensuring to remove any remaining shampoo. Check right across your scalp to ensure it is all rinsed off.
- Turn off the shower, gently pat your hair dry and style as you normally would.
Those are our top tips on how to use a shampoo bar and why you might want to try one yourself. Sometimes change is scary, and we prefer to keep doing what we’ve always done in the past, but when it comes to shampoo, there really are great reasons to make this switch.
- slide 1
- slide 2
- slide 3
- slide 4
- slide 5
- slide 6