Best shower routine to save water
Loving the planet is one thing, trying to preserve its beauty is another. In times of climate change, ocean pollution, and overproduction of goods and food, every little change can help. We at Love Beauty and Planet are committed to lowering our impact on the environment and are here to help you do the same. Read on for some motivation to save water in the shower and some little steps that will help to make your beauty routine a bit more sustainable and environmentally-friendly.
Why should you try to use less water?
There are a few good reasons why everybody should try to use less water on a day-to-day basis. (Drinking less of it, by the way, is not the way to go. You should aim to drink at least 2 liters of water or other unsweetened drinks every day to stay healthy. Your skin and hair will thank you for it as well). But, back to saving water, here are the benefits of more mindful water consumption for you and the planet:
- By saving water, you can save yourself money on your water bill.
- You’ll become more conscious of the environment and your surroundings. Not everybody has such easy access to clean water, so we shouldn’t waste it and instead, work on ways to conserve water.
- Conserving water also helps to keep it clean and pure.
- By saving water in the shower, the kitchen, and the garden, we can protect the environment, since less energy is required to clean the water we used.
- As the climate is changing, saving water can help to build a bigger reservoir for future droughts.
How to save water in the shower?
Now you know why we should all try and use less water. Here’s some inspiration on how to do so during your shower routine.
We all love a long, relaxing shower, but try to not get too lost in your thoughts in there. The quicker you’re done, the more water you can save. One easy way to have shorter showers is to use Love Beauty and Planet conditioners – thanks to our fast-rinse technology, our rich conditioners don’t just rehydrate and replenish your hair, they also help you to save water! Check out our full range of conditioners to find the perfect one for you and your hair.
Turn off the water when not needed
That feeling when the warm water flow suddenly stops and the chilly air hits your skin is not pleasant, we get it, but the planet will thank you for that little sacrifice. So, turn off the water whenever you don’t need it running, for example when you shampoo your hair or shave your legs – one of the easiest ways to save water.
Invest in water-saving shower heads
If you want to go that extra mile for a sustainable shower routine, a water-saving shower head can just do the trick.
We not only use a lot of water during our showers, but there are also other parts in our daily life that we can adjust to use less of it.
- Turn off the tap when you’re brushing your teeth.
- Use a dishwasher instead of washing up by hand. Use it only when it’s fully loaded though.
- Give your appliances like a dishwasher and washing machine regular checks for any leaks.
- Fix a dripping tap as soon as you notice it.
- Use cold water rather than hot water.
Now you know more about a sustainable shower routine and ways to conserve water at home. As a small act of love for the planet, try using our fast-rinse conditioners to help save water with every shower And if you’re unsure on what products you should use, why not check our handy guide on body cleansing products.